Learn about English Classes
NEXT SEMESTER: SPRING
Registration opens December 27
Classes start: January 17
Classes end: April 28
Vacation week: February 21-25
Sign up for our Open Enrollment Conversation Classes!
Mondays and Fridays: 9:00-10:00 am on Zoom.
These classes are open enrollment, so you can start immediately while waiting for our next semester’s classes to begin.
Please click the link below to register and receive your placement exam. Once you have completed the placement exam, you will be contacted with enrollment information.
Note: These classes are mixed levels and will focus on speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English.
Our Semester System:
- 3 semesters each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer
- We currently offer 4 beginner levels
- Each semester is about 14 weeks, including a week for vacation
- After completing a semester, students who are able to demonstrate proficiency in what they learned will move up to the next level
- If a student cannot demonstrate they have learned the materials of the level they are in, it may be recommended that the student retake the level they are in
- Participating in the program is free
- Students attend all or most classes
- Students participate in class and take notes
- Students practice outside of class with activities and homework
- Students will not officially be graded, but grades will be given so that students can track their progress if they would like to
- Email us at email@example.com
- Send us a message on whatsapp at 508-996-8113
September 7 – September 30
October 19 – November 11
November 30 – December 16
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
For more information or to sign up for our Citizenship Classes, please send us a message on WhatsApp: 508-996-8113
*These classes are for people looking to apply for citizenship soon, or have already submitted their N-400 application for citizenship to USCIS!!
**Please note: new students will have a placement interview to determine if taking the citizenship classes is the right next step for them or if we recommend taking the English classes first before starting the citizenship classes.
For those who are preparing for their interview for citizenship:
- We teach the history and government of the United States
- We cover the civics questions that will be asked during the interview
- Open enrollment: join as soon as you have applied. Stay in the classes for as long as you would like.
- Classes are offered in 4 week sessions with a 2 week break in between sessions
- All citizenship classes are free
- All citizenship classes are currently offered in English only
- All citizenship classes are currently offered online via Zoom only
Want to join our citizenship classes? Here’s how you can contact us!
- Register here: https://calendly.com/carmaniac1971/civics-class-pre-screening-appointment
- send us a message on Whatsapp at 508-996-8113
- Check your case status online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
- Find more resources and materials to study:
- Materials to practice for the reading and writing part of the interview can be found under “English Language Study Materials” at https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/2020test
Resources for the 100 Questions:
- 100 Civics Questions in English: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf
- To listen to the 100 Civics Questions: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources/study-for-the-test/100-civics-questions-and-answers-with-mp3-audio-english-version
- 100 Civics Questions if you qualify to do your interview in Spanish: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q_Spanish.pdf
- Listen in Spanish: https://www.uscis.gov/100-civics-questions-and-answers-with-mp3-audio-spanish-version-0
- 100 Civics Questions if you qualify to do your interview in Portuguese: https://www.hplct.org/assets/uploads/files/Library%20Services/Immigration/Portuguese_0.pdf
Lamentablemente, en este momento sólo ofrecemos clases de educación cívica en inglés.
Si usted califica para hacer su entrevista en español, puede encontrar las preguntas aquí: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q_Spanish.pdf
Si usted no califica para hacer su entrevista en español pero no puede leer los párrafos anteriores en inglés, entonces le recomendamos fortalecer sus habilidades en inglés antes de solicitar la ciudadanía. Siempre es bienvenido a llamarnos para una rápida cita de preevaluación de ciudadanía para ver si califica para solicitar la ciudadanía y qué idioma necesitaría hablar en su entrevista.
Infelizmente, neste momento, só oferecemos Aulas Cívicas em inglês.
Se não se qualificar para fazer a sua entrevista em português mas não conseguir ler os parágrafos acima em inglês, então recomendamos que reforce os seus conhecimentos de inglês antes de se candidatar à cidadania. É sempre bem-vindo a telefonar-nos para uma rápida marcação prévia de cidadania para ver se se qualifica para se candidatar à cidadania e que língua teria de falar na sua entrevista.