At the Immigrants’ Assistance Center (IAC), the health and safety of clients, volunteers, staff and the wider community has always been our top priority. To that end, we have made the difficult decision to postpone our April 16 Spring Fundraiser, and temporarily suspend in-person services during the Massachusetts state of emergency.
We will be in touch with a new event date and services will resume when federal, state and local health officials advise it can be done safely. In addition, we have taken the following steps:
- Case managers are available during regular business hours for phone consultations with clients, and for limited in-person meetings regarding emergency health-related cases.
- Client education and informational resources about COVID-19 including guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, are being provided in multiple languages.
- To insure the health and safety of staff and clients who come into the office for emergency meetings, screening for COVID-19 symptoms is underway, as is hand-washing before and after meetings, and thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing throughout and at the end of the day.
- Communication is ongoing with USCIS to make sure all clients’ due process rights are protected.
- We continue assisting clients with Census 2020 forms via phone consultations.
Helena DaSilva Hughes
A Letter from the Executive Director
To download this letter as a pdf